Many Photoshop users opt for some complicated methods when it comes to erasing the backgrounds of the images. Well there is a much easier and simpler way of doing the same task and that is by using the Background Eraser Tool. This tool has got automatic edge detection as well as selection feathering features which has enhanced the the background erasing to a great degree. You can also learn about Putting Text in Your AutoCAD Drawing.
In order to change the background of an image by using Background Eraser tool you need to follow these simple steps.
- 1st of all you need to open the photo whose background you want to remove.
- Now select the Background Eraser tool from the ToolBox. (You can also press Shift+E for selecting the tool.)
- After selecting this tool your mouse cursor will change into a circle with a crosshair in the middle. Right click anywhere in the image for opening up the brush options of the tool.
- In the option box you have to set the hardness level to 100%.
- Keep the spacing fairly low like from 1 to 50%.
- From the top panel choose the Sampling Once option which means we will only sample the color once and erase the major part of the image with it.
- Keep the Limits at Contiguous and the Tolerance to 50%.
- Now start erasing the background by holding the left mouse button and dragging it around for erasing.
- If you want to remove the background which is mixed with the image like erasing visible sky between the leaves of a tree then set the Limits option to Discontiguous.
- If you are getting problems by changing the Tolerance levels just turn on the Protect Foreground Color option.