MS Excel is an application from Microsoft which can be used for creating spreadsheets and in this tutorial you will learn about working with the multiple worksheets. You can also learn How to Draw a Square by Using LINE Command in AutoCAD.
Giving Your Worksheet a Name
When you open MS Excel you will notice that the tabs which are displayed at the bottom of the screen are named as Sheet 1, Sheet 2 and Sheet 3. Well these names are not impressive and specified ones so you need to rename them. MS Excel will let you give a meaningful name for every worksheet in a workbook. Now in order to give name to your worksheet you need to follow these simple steps.
- 1st of all you need to double click the sheet tab in order to select it. Once selected the text is highlighted by a black box.
- Now you need to type in the new name for the worksheet.
- Now press the Enter key in order to confirm it.
- Your worksheet has now got a new descriptive name.
Inserting New Workbooks:
In order to add a new worksheet you need to follow these simple steps.
- Select Insert>Worksheet from the menu bar.
- With this a new worksheet will be added at the bottom of the screen. The new worksheet will be named as Sheet4, Sheet 5 and so on.
Deleting the Worksheets
If you need to remove a worksheet from your workbook you can delete it easily and for deleting the worksheet you need to follow these simple steps.
- Click on the Sheets which you want to delete.
- Now select Edit>Delete Sheet from the menu bar.
- After this a dialog box will appear which will confirm from you for deleting the sheet.
- Click on the Delete button for removing the worksheet from your workbook.
There is an alternative for deleting as well as inserting worksheets and for that you need to right click on the sheet which is to be deleted and then select Delete or Insert from the shortcut menu.