The Windows 10 Anniversary Update has given Cortana some very impressive new abilities. Among many abilities it has one is to send/receive SMS text messages from an Android or Windows Phone. Your personal assistant will send SMS for you with just few simple keystrokes or with your voice. But 1st of all you need to set it up. For sending SMS from your Windows 10 you need to follow these steps.
Setup on Android:
- 1st of all you need to download Cortana for Android from Google Play Store into your phone.
- Now you will notice a hamburger menu at the top-right corner. You need to tap it.
- Now after clicking the hamburger menu you have to select Settings.
- Now is the time to select Sync Notifications.
- In the Sync Notification menu you need to turn ON Missed Call notifications, Incoming message notifications and App notifications sync.
Setting Up Windows 10:
- 1st of all you need to click Settings in Cortana.
- Now you need to turn ON “Send notification between devices.”
Sending an SMS:
Now comes the fun part that is sending SMS and for that follow these steps.
- 1st of all you need to click on Cortana.
- Now either say Text (NAME) or type SMS(NAME) to start sending messages. (Remember you can send to people which are in your contact list in Windows 10.)
- Now dictate or type the message which you want to send.
- Say “Send” or click “Send” in order to send your message.
With these simple steps you can send SMS to anyone in your contact list easily. You can also learn about Changing the Screen Resolution in Windows 10.