AutoCAD is a leading tool for creating some stellar engineering drawings. With AutoCAD you can add Chamfer as well as Fillet into your drawing. Chamfer is a transitional edge between two adjoining faces of an object and this edge is usually of 45° between the two faces. On the other hand a Fillet is the rounding of of an interior as well as exterior corners of a part design. In this tutorial you will learn how to put a chamfer or a fillet between two connecting lines. You can also learn about Sending SMS Messages with Cortana in Windows 10.
Putting a Chamfer between two connecting lines:
In order to put chamfer between two adjoining lines you need to follow these steps.
- 1st of all you need to draw a horizontal line of 1″ and a vertical line of 1″ length. (1″= 1 inch)
- Both these lines should be joined at the endpoints.
- Now click on the CHAMFER icon from the Edit toolbar.
- Now you need to select the 1st line and then type in D and then press Enter. (Typing D is for defining the the distance of the chamfer.)
- Now specify the 1st chamfer distance and type in: 20 and after this you have to press Enter.
- Now specify the 2nd chamfer distance and type in: 20 and after this you have to press Enter.
- Now select the 1st line (Select the horizontal line from near the endpoint.)
- Now select the 2nd line (Select the vertical line from near the endpoint.)
If the distance between these two lines is same than the chamfer angle will always be 45° and if you want it to be other than 45° than specify different lengths for horizontal and vertical lines.
Putting a Fillet between two Connecting Lines.
Follow these simple steps in order to put a fillet between two adjoining lines.
- 1st of all you need to draw a horizontal as well as a vertical line of 1″ length.
- Now click on FILLET icon in the Edit Toolbar.
- Now select the 1st object and type in R (for setting the fillet radius) and after that press Enter.
- Now is the time to specify the radius of the fillet and for that you need to type in a value e.g. 20.
- Select the 1st object in this case select the horizontal line near the endpoint.
- Select the 2nd object in this case select the vertical line near the endpoint.
You will notice that a fillet has been generated between the two lines with no more sharp edges.