A Workbook is multi page Excel document which has got various worksheets. Most of the time you need to work with multiple workbooks simultaneously. It is possible only if you group these multiple worksheets. With grouping you can apply identical formulas and for formatting across all worksheets in the group. You can also learn about Working with the Worksheets in MS Excel 2003.
In order to group multiple worksheets you need to follow these simple steps.
- 1st of all you have to click on Sheet tab for selecting one worksheet.
- Now in order to select more than one sheet you need to hold down the Control key and then click on multiple sheet tabs in the workbook.
- Now in order to select all the worksheets in the workbook you need to right click any worksheet tab and then choose Select All Sheets from the shortcut menu.
With these simple steps you will be able group multiple workbooks. Now when you are done entering, copying, formatting and moving the data you have to ungroup the worksheets.
Ungrouping the worksheets is also an easy affair and for that you need to follow these simple steps.
- 1st of all right click on any of the selected worksheet tabs.
- Now select Ungroup Sheets from the shortcut menu.
Moving a worksheet from one place to another is also very easy and for that you have to follow these steps.
- Select the worksheet which you want to move.
- Now select Edit>Move or Copy from the menu bar.
- Now in the Move or Copy dialog box you have to use drop-down boxes for selecting the name of the workbook which you will move the sheet to.
- Now check Create a copy for copying it.
- Now click OK button for moving the worksheet to the new location.